Every year, property owners across the United States are faced with the threat of storms, which may bring along hail, floods and strong winds. Colorado actually places second in the list of states most hit by hailstorms. This is why hail damage roof repair or restoration becomes an inevitable and necessary part of owning and maintaining a property in this area.
For a storm damage restoration project to be successful, a thorough and proper storm damage assessment or inspection must be done first. Mountain Trail Restoration shares what home and property owners can expect from one.
Storm Damage Assessment: The Ideal Process
Your contractor should look at the following:
- Roof – When a storm hits, the roof is usually the one area that takes the worst beating. While there are roof materials that can withstand harsh weather better than others, such as Atlas Roofing StormMaster® and Pristine® Pinnacle shingles, not all roofing products are created equal. Regardless of what type of roofing material you have, the contractor is supposed to inspect the roof first and foremost. The inspection should also include gutters, soffits and fascia.
- Exterior walls – Next up would be the exterior walls. Storm damage on siding can be difficult to detect by the untrained eye, so the contractor should check it thoroughly.
- Windows – The contractor will typically check for broken or shattered window glass, condensation inside multiple-glass panes, dents and cracks on window frames, and tears or holes on screens, if any.
- Doors – The contractor may also check for dents and discoloration on door panels as well as damage to the door frame and trims.
- Others – The inspector may also check for signs of damage on driveways, walkways, decks, railings and fences. Trees around and near the home will also be inspected to see if they pose any danger.
Better Business Bureau-credited damage restoration specialist, Mountain Trail Restoration, offers comprehensive storm damage assessment and insurance claims assistance. To schedule a storm damage inspection and learn how we can help restore and improve your property, call us at (855) 426-7663, or leave us a message through our online contact form today. We serve residential and commercial clients in and around Denver, CO. We are also a certified installer of Atlas StormMaster and Pinnacle Pristine shingles.